- Kevin O’Donnell@KOD
- Engage your fans on Twitter when releasing new music
- Share your excitement and anticipation about a new album with fans
- Announce the release date of your next album or single
- Promote the hashtag for your new album
- Give fans a peek of the new album’s artwork
How do you announce a music release?
- Find the story behind your new music and tell it
- Have a new bio and press release written and ready to go
- Compile a list of radio, blog, peer and press contacts
- Update your website, mailing list and social media accounts
- Match your music’s story with a visual one
How to announce a new music release?
- Mailing list
- Spotify artist page
- Pinned tweet
- SoundCloud bio
- Promolinks page
- Bandcamp bio
- Facebook artist page
When should you announce an album
Many record labels start their launch promotions 4-6 weeks before an album is due to be released and for good reason.
So now you know that building up anticipation is important before a release, here are some things you can do to create that anticipation and keep people involved.
How do you announce a release date?
- Create suspense
- Announce the release date
- Launch time!
How do you write a press release for a new album?
- Step 1 – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- Step 2 – Contact Information
- Step 3 – Headline
- Step 4 – Subhead
- Step 5 – Opening paragraph: Location, Date & 5 W’s
- Step 6 – Second Paragraph: USP / Unique Selling Point & Quotes
- Step 7 – Final Details & Additional Contact Information
- Step 8 – The 3 Hashtags – The End!
What is the best way to release an album?
- Setup Your Album With Distribution
- Release Singles To Build Awareness For the Album
- Launch A Pre Order Campaign
- Get In The Charts With This Strategy
- Be Patient, Don’t Rush
- Get Your Singles In Playlists
- Optimize Your Music on Streaming Services
- Revamp Your Social Media Strategy
How do I release my first album?
- Register your songs to collect royalties
- Get new professional photos taken
- Write a new bio for your website
- Create an electronic press kit (EPK)
- Finalize the album cover
- Choose 1–3 singles
How do you plan a album release party?
- Promote your upcoming release
- Order your CDs
- Order merchandise
- Book a venue
- Promote the CD release party
- Play the show and have fun!
How do you write a press release album?
- Press release title
- Artist details: name, genre
- Album title
- Album release date
- Recording studio
- Quotes from artists, producers, music critics
- Reviews (if available)
- Image, artist/band, album cover (recommended)
When should you release an album
Is there an ideal cadence for album releases? “Every 18 months to two years is the baseline, but there are many exceptions to that rule,” says Sanders.
How do albums release singles
Yep! Just upload the single first, and then upload the entire album (including the single) as a separate release.
Once the full release is in streaming services, you can choose to leave the single, or remove it and only have the album version available.
How do you promote a music release?
- Work on digital marketing
- Create an electronic press kit
- Create a website
- Host your music on streaming platforms
- Use email marketing
- Pitch yourself to music blogs
- Reach out to playlist curators
How long should you promote an album before release
You probably want to put your music out into the world as soon as it’s mixed and mastered.
But patience is key. Not even considering enormous wait times on vinyl, giving yourself 4-6 months to get your promotional assets, press list, tour, and more together is the best gift you can give yourself.
How can I promote my album?
- Set up a pre-order
- Release a single
- Set up distribution
- Create an EPK for your album
- Promote your album on social media
- Use your mailing list
- Promote your album to radio
- Promote your album to music bloggers and reviewers
What to do after releasing an album?
- Lyric graphics
- Behind the scenes
- Re-sharing press
How do you write a good press release album?
- Know when to use a press release
- Include relevant details
- Develop a compelling title
- Proofread your press release
- Keep it simple
- Avoid self-promotion
How long does it take to release an album
Generally, you’ll see artists work for a several months to a couple years on a record, finish it, spend six months settings up the release, and then ride on that album for around two years.
Those two years will include heavy touring, lots of press, album promo, and creative work on a new record.
What happens at an album launch
These gatherings announce that a record is going live, celebrating the culmination of an artist’s hard work.
They’re also important for album promotion, the building of your reputation, and network development.
What is the best month to release an album
The best months to release an album are January, February, June, November and December.
These are months when most people are generally in the mood to hear some new music the most.
You can capitalize on these months by having releases ready.
How do I sell an album?
- Your own website
- Digital music stores
- Streaming platforms
How do you plan an album rollout?
- Create Your PR & Marketing Plans
- Create Your Playlist Plan
- Finalize your Single / Album / EP Artwork
- Get Great Photos
- Research Which Spotify Pre-Save / Marketing Platform is Right for You
- Focus on Increasing Your Audience
- Prep Your Social Media Content Calendar
How do you promote an album on social media?
- Create a solid strategy
- Keep your branding consistent
- Find which social platforms work for you
- Be consistent with how often you post
- Connect with fans
- Spread out your content
- Schedule your posts in advance
- Be authentic
How do I promote my single release
Sending them a link to a private stream of the song. Allowing them to download the song before it’s released to the general public.
Giving them exclusive access to the song’s lyrics, artwork, and other promotional materials. Hosting a listening party for your best fans before the song is released.
How do I promote my album on Instagram?
- Promote Your Music on Instagram Stories and IGTV
- Create a Compelling Instagram Bio as a Music Artist
- Craft Outstanding Visual Content
- Use Instagram Music Hashtags to Your Advantage
How do you hype a song release?
- Get Visual
- Writing a Great Press Release
- Having an Amazing Press Kit
- It’s Who You Know
- Social Media Is Your Friend
What is an album launch show
What is an EP or album launch? An EP or album launch is an event that promotes the release of new music.
Normally this is a release party but it could be a video launch or a listening party.
It is important to think about the aim of your release party and make sure you’ve got your EP or album ready.
How do you tease a new album?
- Start early with subtle hints on social media
- Hide the names of upcoming projects in plain sight
- Send your fans on a scavenger hunt
- Give your audience an online mission
Can you release an album without a label
Thankfully, unsigned artists don’t need the backing of a label to release music on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music and other major stores.
Anyone can release their tracks through an Independent music distributor – sometimes known as a music aggregator – and start collecting royalties from sales and streams.
What to do after song is released?
- Highlight and promote other supporting content like music videos, lyric videos, behind the scenes footage, interviews etc
- Keep collaborating with other artists
- Ask people to remix your release
- See if other artists from other genres will do covers of your song
How much money do you need to release an album
Most industry types would say between $150K and $1Million for an album.