- Keep your company’s website up to date
- Create a company blog
- Manage online reviews
- Socialize relevant company content
- Don’t ignore your personal brand
What is an example of reputation
An example of reputation is the general belief that someone is a nice, honest and hard working person.
The general opinion or judgment of the public about a person or thing. A senator with a tarnished reputation; a restaurant with a good reputation.
What are some ways to manage your online reputation?
- Perform a brand audit
- Monitor brand mentions
- Respond to negative reviews
- Invest in SEO
- Leverage public relations
- Encourage customer reviews
- Promote positive content
What causes reputational risk
What are the causes of reputational risk? Reputational risk happens when the expectations of stakeholders – such as your customers, employees, third party suppliers, investors, and regulatory bodies – are higher than the reality of what your business delivers.
How do you create a reputation?
- Be introspective and honest with yourself
- Be sincere with others
- Do what you say
- Be authentic in your professional relationships
- Remember social media
- Listen first, talk second
- Accept responsibility
- Be personal
What are the 3 categories of tactics for reputation management
In the field of online reputation management, there are three main building materialsearned, paid, and owned content.
Note: I’ve used the word “content” to describe each of these three. The word “media” is also interchangeable.
Here is a helpful way to visualize them.
How can reputational risk be reduced?
- Make reputational risk part of strategy and planning
- Control processes
- Understand all actions can affect public perception
- Understand stakeholder expectations
- Focus on a positive image and communication
- Create response and contingency plans
What are reputational risk examples
Reputational risk is anything that has the potential to damage the public’s perception of your organization.
Examples range from a senior executive indicted for insider trading, to a cashier caught on camera refusing service to a customer, to a breach of your customers’ personal data.
What is meant by the term reputational loss
This is often measured in lost revenue, increased operating, capital or regulatory costs, or destruction of shareholder value.
How can you avoid the risk of reputation?
- Protect your brand against data breaches
- Be vigilant about customer service mishaps
- Keep your employees happy to prevent reputational risk
- Illustrate your company values
- Be mindful of ethical conduct
- Handle external reputational risk management
What are the three phases of reputation management
Here are the three phases of online reputation management: Building your online reputation. Maintaining your online reputation.
Recovering your online reputation.
How do I restore my reputation?
- Give yourself an honest assessment
- Set clear expectations
- Stop taking things personally
- Apologize only when you have done something wrong
- Dress like you’re there to win
- Learn to “win” together
- Watch yourself at social events
How do I create a reputation management plan?
- Monitor your brand reputation online
- Find branded search terms and create content
- Plan how you will respond to negative comments
- Address negative comments
- Use the positives to build your brand reputation
- Track your results