Go to Real Time » Events in your Analytics account and you will see your event tracked and recorded.
Using the tag manager you can create different kind of events and manage them all from Google Tag Manager.
It also saves you from editing your WordPress themes or adding tracking code manually.
How do I set up event tracking?
- Log into Google Tag Manager
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side
- Create a new tag and select Universal Analytics as the Tag Type
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID
- Choose “Event” for the track type
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Values
How do I set up event tracking in Google Analytics?
- Click Tags
- Click Tag Configuration
- Set Track Type to Event
- Complete the Event Tracking Parameters: Category: Nav
- Click Triggering and select the trigger that you created in step 3, titled “Trigger – Nav Clicks”
- Save the tag
What is event Tracking
Event tracking, or action tracking, usually refers to the monitoring of interactions on a website beyond a simple web page load.
Event tracking provides data on how visitors are engaging (or not engaging) with a website, making it possible to fine-tune SEO and PPC marketing campaigns to maximum effect.
How do I use Event Tracker in Elementor?
- Go to the page “Plugins > Add New”
- Input the name “Elementor Events Tracker” in the search field
- Find the “Elementor Events Tracker” plugin in the search result and click on the “Install Now” button, the installation process of plugin will begin
- Click “Activate” when the installation is complete
Which plugin is used to add tracking code
Analytify is a freemium Google Analytics plugin. It offers a simple installation process to add the tracking code to your site.
Where do I put the WordPress tracking code without plugins?
- Step 1: Create a Child Theme
- Step 2: Copy the Header.php File in the Parent Theme
- Step 3: Get the Google Analytics Code
- Step 4: Paste the Code into the Header.php file
- Step 5: Compress and Upload the File
- Step 6: Check If It Works
Where do I put tracking code in Analytics
According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of thetag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the Property id (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
How do I set up a Google tracking code
Select the Appropriate account and Property, then click ‘Tracking Info’ in the middle column labeled ‘Property’.
Click ‘Tracking Code’ under ‘Tracking Info’ to access the website tracking code you’ll need to install on your website.
On this page, you’ll see a box with multiple lines of code.
How do you implement the Google Analytics tracking code
Step-1: Navigate to your Google Analytics account and click on ‘Admin’. Step-2: Click on ‘Tracking Info’ and then on ‘Tracking code’.
Step-3: Copy the ‘Global Site Tag’ script, open Notepad on your PC, and paste the code into the text file.
Step-4: Now save the file with the name ‘analyticstracking.
How do I create custom events in Google Analytics?
- In the left pane, click Configure and select Events
- Click Create event
- If your property has more than one data stream, you will be asked to select a data stream
- Click Create
- For Custom event name, enter a name for the new event that conforms to Event naming rules
What is tracking code in HTML
These lines of code allow advertisers, webmasters, and marketers to analyze the flow of visitors to websites and the activities of users.
How do I add a tracking pixel to WordPress?
- Install and activate the Free insert headers and Footers plugin
- Go to Settings → Insert Headers and Footers
- Paste the Facebook Pixel tracking code into the Scripts in Header box
- Save your changes
How do I create a custom event in Tag Manager?
- Click Triggers
- Click Trigger Configuration and choose the Custom Event trigger type
- Enter an event name
Where do I find my Google Analytics tracking code?
- Click on “Admin”
- Select the Property you want to track
- Click on “Tracking Info”
- Select “Tracking Code”
How do I know if Google Analytics event tracking is working
To see if Google Analytics is firing on your page, go to any page on your site in your Chrome Browser and right-click.
Click on Inspect. Then go to the Network tab. Hit refresh on your browser and watch to see the different content and scripts loading on the page.
How do I see custom events in Google Analytics 4
Finding Custom Events In Google Analytics 4 Reports The built-in reporting function can be found here: Click the Reports tab in GA4 left side menu.
Click Engagement, then Events.
Can you track analytics on WordPress
You can also add Google Analytics tracking code to the WordPress functions file. It will then automatically add the tracking code to every page on your WordPress site.
You will need to add this code to your theme’s functions.
What does tracking code created mean
My tracking information says “Shipping Label Created” and nothing else. What does this mean?
This means that the postal carrier has not scanned your package into their system yet.
Sometimes this happens when the post office is really backed up.
Can you add code to WordPress
Using a code snippets plugin is the safest and most beginner-friendly way to add code to WordPress.
The WPCode plugin lets you add and manage custom code snippets on your website easily, without having to edit your theme files.
It comes with smart code snippet validation to help you prevent common code errors.
What is Google Analytics tracking code example
The tracking ID is a string like UA-000000-2. It must be included in your tracking code to tell Analytics which account and property to send data to.
What is a tracking script
A tracking script is a piece of code that is used to monitor the flow of visitors that arrive at a website.
The script is made of a string of numbers and letters that make up the code, which is then embedded on the website that an individual or company wants to analyze.
How do you add stats to WordPress
First, you can head to Insights » Addons from the WordPress admin panel and navigate to the ‘Page Insights’ box.
Go ahead and click the ‘Install’ button. The addon will now automatically install and activate on your site.
Next, you can go to Posts » All Posts from your admin panel to see the stats of individual posts.
What is a website tracking code
The code is generated automatically, is different for each website, and has to be installed on each page you want to track.
How do I add Google Analytics code to my HTML website?
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button
- Click the + Create Property button
- Select Website
How do I add a conversion tracking code
Set up conversion tracking using the Google tag Between the head tags () of the page, paste your conversion tracking code: first, your Google tag, then, any event snippets that apply to the page (If you haven’t already, follow these instructions to create your tag.)
Save the changes to your webpage.
How do I change my Google Analytics code in WordPress
Once your child theme is active, you’ll need to paste your Google Analytics Tracking Code right before the closing tag in your header. php file.
Then, make sure to click on the Update File button. Google Analytics tracking code is now being added to WordPress.
What are custom events in Google Analytics
A custom event is an event with a name and set of parameters that you define so you can collect information that’s specific to your business.
For example, you could create a donate custom event for when someone donates to an organization.
How do I set up 4 events in Google Analytics?
- In Google Tag Manager, click Tags > New
- Click Tag Configuration > Google Analytics: GA4 Event
- In Configuration Tag, select your Google Analytics 4 Configuration tag
- In Event Name, enter the name of the event (for example, view_item_list )
Where do I find my Google Analytics code in WordPress
Click on Admin in the left taskbar. In the property column, click Tracking Info and then Tracking Code.
Or, if you’re using Google Analytics 4, click Data Streams in the middle column, then choose the one you need.
Now you can get the tracking code under the Website tracking section (in Universal Analytics).
How do I add Google Analytics to WordPress functions PHP?
- Set Up Google Analytics
- Add Analytics Code to WordPress Site