Does DistroKid Offer Marketing

Distrokid is a music distribution service, not a promotional service!

Is DistroKid a good distributor

DistroKid may not look the best from the outside, but there is a reason that it is so popular and fast becoming the top distribution service and business worldwide.

With its additional features, low price and lightning-fast distribution, DistroKid is a great, reliable, speedy and trustworthy platform.

Can you make money from DistroKid

You get to keep 100% procent of your hard earned money. When using DistroKid’s Youtube Money service, DistroKid keeps 20% of the ad-revenue from Youtube videos that they find, and owes you the other 80%.

Money earned from sales & streaming sites like iTunes, Spotify etc. will be 100% yours.

Who uses DistroKid

DistroKid is for solo musicians, artists, bands, DJs, performers, producers, and creators who record music at home or in the studio.

We have services for labels, too. How much will it cost me? Only $19.99 to upload unlimited songs & albums for a year.

Does DistroKid promote your music

DistroKid doesn’t promote your music. DistroKid is a service that distribute your music to different online music stores and streaming platforms.

This does allow you to promote your music yourself. In order to promote your music it’s a good idea to strategise your promotion efforts.

How many stores does DistroKid distribute to

Outlets & Release Options There are 150+ stores that Distrokid offers! However, it is worth noting that they do not provide as much information on each of these stores as other distribution companies do.

Does DistroKid monetize

We keep 20% of the revenue from YouTube videos that we find, and send you the rest (80%).

But you still keep the money you earn from streaming services and music stores like iTunes, Spotify etc. You always keep 100% of that, minus banking fees/applicable taxes.

What stores does DistroKid distribute to?

  • Spotify
  • Apple Music
  • iTunes
  • Instagram & Facebook
  • TikTok & Resso
  • YouTube Music
  • Soundtrack by Twitch

What are the cons of DistroKid

Cons are as follows: They charge a yearly fee for Youtube monetization on top of taking a commission.

Reports and analytics are very basic unless you upgrade to more expensive plans. You need to keep paying the yearly fee to keep your songs on the stores.

Is there anything better than DistroKid

REACH MORE FANS: TuneCore will get you in twice the number of stores than DistroKid.

Reach new fans around the world. NO MIDDLE MAN: Unlike Distrokid, TuneCore works directly with digital stores and streaming platforms to ensure artists receive 100% of revenue from digital stores.

Does DistroKid have hidden fees

Distrokid is a music distributor that from their marketing looks very cheap. However, they have a lot of hidden fees that they choose not to tell people from the beginning.

Additionally, for every new artist name you want on your account they will also charge you to add more.

Why DistroKid is the best

DistroKid, with its low prices, and a la carte music business model, is the easiest way for musicians to get their music into stores and streaming services.

Their cost-effective, innovative and artist-friendly features have won over thousands of musicians and labels around the world since its inception.

How much of your royalties does DistroKid take

DistroKid distributes payments every month, and you retain 100% of your earnings. That’s right, DistroKid does not take even a small percentage of your earnings, quite unlike other distribution services like Repost by SoundCloud, which takes 20%.

Is DistroKid good for labels

Hundreds of record labels rely on DistroKid for fast & easy distribution and accounting.

DistroKid makes it easy for labels to upload music for all of their artists.

What days does DistroKid pay

How Long Does Distrokid Take To Pay Artists? Distrokid takes 1-14 days to process payment from when you submit a withdrawal request.

They pay for the previous month’s streams, which don’t update until the 14th-18th of the next month.

This means you can’t request payment until these stats update.

Does DistroKid distribute videos

DistroKid has launched DistroVid, a first-of-its-kind service distributing music videos to Apple Music, Amazon Music, Tidal, and Vevo for a bundled price of $99 a year.

Video uploads are unlimited, and artists receive all of their earnings, according to the press release.

Does DistroKid monetize Soundcloud

DistroKid does not monetize Soundcloud because DistroKid does not have a partnership with Soundcloud or the ability to distribute music to Soundcloud.

The only way to monetize your plays on Soundcloud is by using Repost by Soundcloud.

How much do you get paid per stream on DistroKid

The only reason I am writing this is because I heard from other people/youtube/forums that distrokid takes taxes/royalties without consent from people outside the US and people who live US that use distrokid average around 0.003-0.004 per stream.

Is DistroKid good 2022

There’s no doubt that DistroKid is a great option to release music for a lot of people.

They’re cheap, effective and have a few cool add-ons that you can choose for your release.

They release to all of the major platforms and make it super easy to get your music on spotify, apple music and everywhere else.

Does DistroKid own your music

DistroKid does not own your music. They do not take any ownership or credit for your tracks.

DistroKid only distributes your music.

Does DistroKid own my music

You do! DistroKid does not take any ownership or intellectual property rights from artists.

You keep 100% ownership.

Does DistroKid own your masters

DistroKid does not take any ownership or intellectual property rights from artists. You keep 100% ownership.

Does TikTok pay DistroKid

As always, DistroKid passes on 100% of whatever earnings the streaming services send us for your streams/sales, minus banking fees/applicable taxes.

Unfortunately, the rates they pay aren’t up to us — and we have no control over changing them.

We just send along the exact amounts that streaming services send to us.

Is DistroKid better than CD Baby

DistroKid is better than CD Baby if you are planning on releasing new music regularly; however, CD Baby wins out if you’re releasing albums less than once a year.

Overall, DistroKid is the superior platform, as it is the cheapest and easiest way for musicians to get their music into online stores.

What is DistroKid HyperFollow

HyperFollow is a completely free (and awesomely powerful) promotional tool that is available for all DistroKid artists.

These days, it’s a must to have one link that leads to your music on all streaming services, and that’s where HyperFollow comes in!

How long does it take to get royalties from DistroKid

When you request a withdrawal from your bank, your money will be sent within 1-14 days of the request.

How long does it take to get paid on DistroKid

How Long Does Distrokid Take To Pay Artists? Distrokid takes 1-14 days to process payment from when you submit a withdrawal request.

They pay for the previous month’s streams, which don’t update until the 14th-18th of the next month.

What happens if you stop paying DistroKid

If you don’t renew your subscription to DistroKid, services will remove your music. The subscription is billed on an annual basis from the day you sign up.

To prevent this, you can opt any upload into DistroKid’s optional Leave a Legacy extra.

Does DistroKid copyright my music

No, Distrokid does not copyright your music.

Should I use DistroKid to upload to YouTube

When using DistroKid to upload your music to YouTube, you can essentially save some time and energy because you can have your song go to Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, and all the other streaming services at the same time.

Does TuneCore pay more than DistroKid

Both services upload your music to streaming services and give you 100% of your earnings, minus banking fees/applicable taxes, but DistroKid’s subscription service is far cheaper and better than TuneCore’s.

You can also add multiple songwriters to one track for free, which TuneCore makes you pay extra for.